Parked out front.

Parked out front.

Monday, February 23, 2004

The New Speedo



So I'm ready to toss in the new Speedometer! Its funny because this was the first part I purchased for the car. That was back when I thought the guy who sold it to me was honest about what the car needed. A lot of things "came up" before I was able to consider putting this in. To be fair, I did try to install the speedo much earlier, but you need to pull the steering wheel to get the dash off far enough to install it. At the time, I didn't have the proper tools needed to get it done, but now I do. I'm not exactly crazy about pulling the steering wheel off, but I also wasn't crazy about pulling the plates off the tunnel underneath the car to put in the fuel return line and that turned out okay. Its got to be done.



Here's a diagram of the back of the dash. Click on the picture to see a larger version of it. If you look closely there is a part labeled "9" that I have a feeling I'm missing. Its the trip odometer reset cable. Yep, you reset the trip odometer from under the dash. I think I can get the part out of Clark's, but Its not a high priority right now and I'm not going to wait for the part to put the speedo in. Hopefully, this will be an easy job. I may even try to replace the clock since I have the parts. We shall see.

No comments:

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.