Parked out front.

Parked out front.

Thursday, February 12, 2004

The First Pressure regulator a Failure!
I picked up a pressure regulator at the local Pep Boys and installed it. The thing was a piece of garbage. I had the car running for about a minute when it died. It was starved for gas because the dial setting on the regulator vibrated to 1 pound. No gas was getting to the carb. It turns out the spring in the regulator was dead and could hold any pressure in the settings dial. Its frustrating. I picked up another regulator and should have it installed in the next day or two.

The return line is another story. I still need to find a way to get the line to the tank. I'm not at all excited about the prospect of dropping the gas tank to get this line in. I've been brainstorming and we'll see what the solution is in the next week or so.

No comments:

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.