Parked out front.

Parked out front.

Sunday, February 15, 2004

Return line work continues
I wish I had a car lift. That would make this job so much easier. I had a success getting the fuel line to the tank, so that end of things is pretty much done. I have to tie up the line in a place or two. I did have the engine side all connected, but I had to pull it out because I didn't have enough steel line to make it from one end of the tunnel to the other. Oh well. This was a case of following the line in the Corvair manual a little too close. The kit from Clark's doesn't use as much solid line as the original factory line. I should have started in the middle. Oh well. The job is almost complete though. All I have left is the filter side of the return line and to put the cover plates back on the underbody of the car. This is where the car lift would have helped. I'm finding myself having to put the front end on jack stands for a while, then lower the car to raise the back end to do some work. I've probably jacked the car up a half dozen times at this point. It slows things down a lot. Hopefully I'll be done tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a test drive.

No comments:

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.