Parked out front.

Parked out front.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

"The Worst Clutch I've ever seen"
So says my mechanic. Yes, the Corvair finally made it to the mechanic. The biggest problem was logistics. Our schedules don't line up at all. He's been working on it for the past few days and says everything is going good. The new springs are in and the passenger front looks fine. I was concerned because the Chamber was so severe that it was purhaps bent, but I got the a-ok today.

He also replaced the gaskets on the bell housing which was causing my huge oil leak. Hopefully I'll be relatively leak free after I get the car back.

As for the clutch, I haven't seen it yet, but I'll have to get picture for the blog. Aparently it was in pieces. I'm not surprised because it was fine one day while I was driving it and then it made a thunking noise and started to slip. It was really bad in 4th gear. Forget the turbo kicking in. There was no grip when that happened.

I'm very excited to get the car back. I'm not sure if it will be Monday or Tuesday. Again, we have schedule issues, but it will be soon.

I can't wait!

One last thing. He found somebody in Las Vegas who will do alignment on the Corvair. That will be the next outside project that I will have done. Depending on how bad the alignment is will determine how soon.

No comments:

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.