Parked out front.

Parked out front.

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Car is running once again
At least I can say that nothing I fixed has failed again! The new wires and distributor cap seemed to do the trick. It took a while for the car to start though. I had to jump start it with my other car and it took a few attempts. Once it got started though, its seems pretty strong. I drove it around all day yesterday running errands and it never had a problem starting again. Is it ready for a longer trip to Mesquite? I guess we'll find out in a few days. I'll have to get my AAA membership up to date to be safe, but I'm pretty confident that she'll make it. The car left me stranded once, but that was after a few days of owning it before any work was done. I'm thinking I'll get there and back okay!

Turbo Heat Shield
Well, I have a heat shield for the turbo, but naturally it has no mounting tabs on it. I have new tabs, but mounting them might prove tricky. I don't have access to a welder of any type, so I'm going to drill and screw the tabs on it. With the proper hardware I don't think it will cause any problems.

1 comment:

Restaurant Cleaning Virginia Beach said...

Thoughtful blog, thanks for posting

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.