Parked out front.

Parked out front.

Monday, June 07, 2004

New Motor Mount installed



It wasn't too difficult to do and it was badly needed as you can see from the photo of the good and bad mounts together. My one snag was that whoever put the mount on before me used an SAE nut and a Metric nut to hold the engine to the mount. I had made one trip to pick up some deep SAE sockets, got home, pulled one nut off and then had to go out again to pick up Metric deep sockets. While I was there I picked up some new matching nuts to hold the whole thing together. Aside from that, it was a little time consuming. I had to jack up the engine so it wouldn't fall when I removed the old mount and then I had to jack it up some more to meet up with the new mount which was much higher. The bolts on the mount didn't even come close to going through the mount holes on the engine until I jacked it up a bunch more. The mount compressed some once the engine weight was on it, but it is definitely sitting higher than it was which is probably a good thing.

No comments:

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.