Parked out front.

Parked out front.

Thursday, January 29, 2004

The parts came in the other day. The car pretty much decided what I need to do next. Yesterday I started it up to take to work and the carb completely flooded out. Gas was draining all over the place. Apparently, the pump is too powerful for the turbo carb and pumps too much gas into it. To fix the problem, a return line is placed from the fuel filter back to the gas tank to handle the overflow. My car is missing the fuel filter and the return line so the gas has nowhere else to go but the carb. That's the theory at least. I haven't had a chance to get under the car yet to see if the return line is still there or not. I have the whole kit here, so I should have everything I need to install the fuel filter and return line. It will give me a chance to see what underneath the car looks like as well.

No comments:

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.