Parked out front.

Parked out front.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Corvair Aligned - Then Dead - Now alive!!!! Oh and fuel pump moved....

Busy week for the Corvair. I finally got the alignment done. It sure does drive straight now! On the way home though, the clutch died! It was only a year old, but the pressure plate broke. Sheesh! Those old parts are unpredictable.

I limped over to the mechanic and had the clutch replaced. I also had him install an electric fuel pump and fix an oil leak. I was tired of getting stuck somewhere with Vapor Lock, so this should solve the problem.

I also had the shrowds removed from the bottom. Living in the desert, it gets a little too hot for the engine. This will help.

I still have a fuel leak to find when I'm boosting and the car knocks pretty bad unless I retard the timing down to 18 BTDC. It should be at 24. I'm looking into a couple of options. My pressure retard may be bad. Not sure how to test that. We'll figure something out!

I still have to install the speedometer as well. One of these days!

No comments:

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.