Parked out front.

Parked out front.

Sunday, May 02, 2004

Misfiring still a problem



I've replaced the coil, the points with an electronic ignition, the plugs. No true success with the misfiring problem. I thought I had it once or twice, but after some initial success, the car started to misfire again. After some discussion on the Virtual Vairs discussion list, It looks like I'll be pulling the carb apart again to check the pump diaphram. It seem that this rubber part dries up and malfunctions causing an overly rich mix in the engine. That rich mix causes misfiring. I've ordered another diaphram before I take the carb apart because I don't want it sitting in pieces while I get the part. This way, I'll have it apart and together in the same day. On the included picture (courtesy Clark's Corvair - www.corvair.com) the part is labeled #9. Hopefully, this will be my solution.

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.