Parked out front.

Parked out front.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Repairs Start!

I found a guy to do the repairs on the fender of the Corvair today. I actually knew him for some time, but did not realize he did body work. He was a former co-worker of mine but previously he customized cars in California. He has all the body work and paint tools so he's ready to go. I took the car to him today to get a look at it. He would like to try to work on the fender in place as opposed to swapping out the fender with the one I purchased. Replacing the fender would be a lot more work than fixing the current fender. I thought the old fender was beyond repair, but he doesn't think so. Either way, if he can't fix the bent one, he'll install the new one for the same price.

I need to find a bezel for the headlights right away to help him shape the fender. I already have a lead on one so I'll have it by Monday. That's the other thing, he thinks he should be able to get it done in 2 days, starting this Monday. Paint not included. As you can imagine, I'm very excited.

1 comment:

Christopher King said...

Dude that is bad. I'm 40 and I've always loved Corvairs. Just watch that lift-throttle oversteer (just like an old 911) and you're All Set :)

Saw one F/S today, a '64 coupe and it is simply beautiful. red on white, no restoration because none needed. auto tranny though :(

not sure mechanically what's up but asking $5,500 so i would assume it's well-sorted. 2 door coupe. i wish i had the dough, actually but if someone's interested let me know and i'll take you to it. car is in norwalk, CT.

i'm gonna post this on a corvair board, too, to make sure this baby gets a Good Home.

-ps

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.